Blog Archive April 2004
I'm attending the International Workshop on Computer Vision in Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM) these days. There were some interesting lectures on the first day and while there are few number of people attending the workshop, it is a friendly meeting where we can talk on Computer Vision.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-011 (14 Vulnerabilities!)
- SecuriTeam.com: WinZip MIME Parsing Buffer Overflow and the exploit
- SecuriTeam.com: Squirrelmail Change_passwd Buffer Overflow and the exploit
- Slashdot.org: TCP Vulnerability Published
- SecuriTeam.com: Linux Kernel Setsockopt MCAST_MSFILTER Integer Overflow Vulnerability
enjoy being online!
Mountain Climbing with Mayssam and Faraz
Sometime ago I used a template from oswd.org as the template for a site and I choose a table-less CSS design. A CSS design will make the page load faster and more easy to change (just by changing the definitions of the style).
--Click here and write something!--
and this the HTML :
<span id="pooyak_el1" contentEditable=true style="background: lightblue;"> --Click here and write something!-- </span> <span id="pooyak_el2" style="background: yellow; width: expression(pooyak_el1.offsetWidth+'px'); height: expression(pooyak_el1.offsetHeight+'px')"> Test Box </span>
- w3.org's Tableless layout HOWTO
- From Table Hacks to CSS Layout: A Web Designer's Journey
- Advanced CSS Layouts: Step by Step
- MSDN: About Dynamic Properties
- CSS Expressions
Update: I changed my site to XHTML seems like the example above is not working (which is an IE only example) is not working anymore...
One funny thing is that this Google affiliated service is written in ASP.NET!
Let's wait to see how is Orkut in Geek Style.
I believe the good points of having such an email service, which will be going to serve a large part of email traffic of the world, are useful advertisements for each person and better spam filtering based on analysis of these huge email mass. But the bad thing, other than the privacy concerns, is that it will stop small innovative new services like FuseMail from growing.